Scripture Post #1,849: *IF*

 



Exodus 19:

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These arethe words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.



The keyword here is *IF*. "…If ye will obey my voice…" The word if, connotes a contingency is in place. GOD wanted the Israelites as His treasured, kingdom-people. But this could only happen with their obedience to Him. GOD reminded the Israelites how He'd freed them from Egypt and how He had so much more in store for them. He just required their obedience in order to activate His great plan for their lives. 


Ex. 19:3: "And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;"

V. 4: "Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself."

V. 5: "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:"

V. 6: "And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."


We can't do what we want, if what we want is what GOD doesn't want. If He's GOD then we've got to let Him rule as GOD. If we go against Him, He's not our GOD. GOD's blessings are contingent upon our obedience to Him. Don't tell me GOD's not good to you when you're the one who's not good to Him.. 



Originally Published: Thu. 10 • 5 • 17

Comments

Popular Posts