Scripture Post #1,256: *RIGHTEOUS SCARCELY SAVED*





1st Peter 4:

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?



Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 


Everyone in the Church won't make it to Heaven. The righteous (those doing right by GOD) will barely make it in. We can't do whatever we feel like doing and attach GOD to it as if we're slapping on a sticker. If GOD is GOD in you're life, then He calls the shots, not you. 


Miracle, signs and wonders don't move me one bit. I'm sorry. I've seen some folks do some pretty spectacular things in the Church. There's been prophesies, healings, glitz and glamour, but it doesn't mean it's GOD. JESUS said that there will be people attempting to access Heaven saying, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?" And CHRIST will respond, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." It's not the miracle that puts you in Heaven, it's your obedience. A lot of these guys doing miracles in the Church today are straight wicked. A miracle doesn't equal salvation. Are you being obedient to His will?


Matt. 7:21: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

V. 22: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

V. 23: "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."


To tell if someone is Christian or not, you simply judge their fruit. JESUS said we'll know them by their fruit, not their miracles. What are they emitting? Do you see the fruit of the Spirit anywhere in their lives?


Matt. 7:15: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

V. 16: "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"


It's not the miracle, it's the fruit (charity = love and love = fruit): 1st Cor. 13:2: "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."


Prophesy, move mountains, do it all—but if you don't have love, you ain't nothin'. 



Originally Published: Sat. 2/20/16

Comments

Popular Posts