Scripture Post #880: *PURE HEART*




2nd Timothy 2:22: "Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart."


Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 

This Scripture was from Apostle Paul, unto Timothy, his son in the faith (1st Tim. 1:1-2).

It's such a wonderful feeling to "…call on the Lord out of a pure heart." After first, fleeing youthful lusts and following after righteousness. Youthful lusts are to be grown out of. The temptation of lust can be presented unto an 80 year old. But youthful lusts are what younger, inexperienced, unknowing people go through. When certain temptations as youthful lusts present themselves, they shouldn't be battled with for an extended amount of time. You should get to a place of maturity where you know better and do better because of it. And then, when you're tempted again, you can say, "I didn't know better when I lusted as a youth—I know better *now* because I've put childish things away."

1st Cor. 13:11: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."


 Originally Published: Mon. 2/9/15

Comments

Popular Posts