Scripture Post #1,209: *SIN LIES WITHIN*





1st John 1:8: 

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."



Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own.


We've been redeemed from all iniquity and purified unto our enablement of good works: 

"Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." ~Titus 2:14

However, sin still remains within us. In our flesh: 

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not." ~Romans 7:18

"Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." ~Romans 7:20


Sin's in our flesh. But we need not to worry. For we're no longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit:

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." ~Romans 8:9. 

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." ~Galatians 5:16

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." ~Romans 8:1. 


We *were* in the flesh—past-tense, ("For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death." ~Romans 7:5) but not anymore. Now, the flesh is in us. (Rom. 7:18.)



Originally Published: Mon. 1/4/16

Comments

Popular Posts