Scripture Post #1,899: *MY NAME IS IN HIM*





Exodus 23:

20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 

21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.



GOD spake these words to Moses concerning His Angel.   


GOD places His name (authority and representation) in His holy Angels. When Abraham met three Angels, in Genesis chapter 18, he referred to them as Lord, *not* lords.


Gen. 18:1: “And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;”

V. 2: “And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,”

V. 3: “And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:”


Jacob wrestled with an Angel and refereed to him as GOD. Stating: “…I have seen God face to face…” ~Gen. 32:30. 


Gen. 32:24: “And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.”

V. 25: “And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.”

V. 26: “And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.”

V. 27: “And he said unto him, What isthy name? And he said, Jacob.”

V. 28: “And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.”

V. 29: “And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.”

V. 30: “And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”



Originally Published: Fri. 11 • 24 • 17 


Comments

Popular Posts