Scripture Post #730: *LOVE ONE ANOTHER*




1st Thessalonians 4:9: "But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another."


Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 

This Scripture was from Apostle Paul, Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the Church of the Thessalonians (1st Thess. 1:1).

Apostle Paul didn't have to teach the Thessalonians to *LOVE ONE ANOTHER*. This Scripture states that GOD taught them to do that. To learn manners, respect and kindness from adults when you're a child is one thing—to learn love from GOD is quite another. 1st Corinthians chapter 13 is the way of agape (GOD's love/charity). To have GOD teach you HIS love allows a much greater love to be released on earth than human-love. 

1st Cor. 13:1: "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."
V. 2: "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."
V. 3: "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."
V. 4: "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,"
V. 5: "Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;"
V. 6: "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;"
V. 7: "Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
V. 8: "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

Many Believers are taking Scripture to mean that their favor is on the way. Many are going to Church or listening to Gospel songs for encouragement, and the betterment of self. But we mustn't allow these things to overshadow the importance of us learning from GOD to love one another. 
 

Originally Published: Fri. 9/12/14

Comments

Popular Posts