Scripture Post #681: *NOT MINE OWN WILL*




John 5:30: "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."


Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 

JESUS spoke these words to the Pharisees. 

JESUS CHRIST didn't even seek to fulfill HIS will, so who do we think we are in pursuing ours?

"I can of mine own self do nothing…"
~ JESUS CHRIST

[Music that's sexually explicit, blasphemous and promotes lust, vanity and violence.] "Ohh, but I loooove this music!! Gotta have it!" 
Is that GOD's will, or yours?

"I like a lotta raunchy entertainment—it's attractive to me." 
Is that GOD's will, or yours?

"I have safe-sex so at least I'm smart. GOD knows me. HE knows I ain't perfect."
Is that GOD's will, or yours?

"If folks wanna be gay, who are we to judge? Let them do what they feel is right to them. I see nothing wrong with homosexuality."
Is that GOD's will, or yours?

"Abortion saves families from burdensome-stress. No woman should be punished with a child she doesn't want. Abortion is A-okay in my eyes."
Is that GOD's will, or yours?

It's not about me (Kurtis James Overton), it's about GOD, and HIS will being furthered. Not my own. 


Originally Published: Fri. 7/25/14

Comments

Popular Posts