Scripture Post #423: *LIFE LOST IS SAVED*




Luke 9: 
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? 


[Disclaimer: The image here (in it's original form) was from an image search-engine. The original source of this image is unbeknown to me. I own no rights of this image.]
 
Luke 9
Amplified Bible (AMP):
V. 24: "For whoever would preserve his life and save it will lose and destroy it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he will preserve and save it [from the penalty of eternal death]."
V. 25: "For what does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and ruins or forfeits (loses) himself?"

Holding on to our wants, desires, passions, etcetera, is good for nothing apart from CHRIST. (John 15:5: "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.") We must deny ourselves of our flesh and forward the will of GOD and HIS Kingdom. The fact of the matter is this: 1 way or another you're gonna lose your life—either for CHRIST while on earth, or to Satan in Hell. We have the decision to choose. The beauty of losing your life to CHRIST is the gain of eternal life: CHRIST's Life! Which is why some call it the "Exchanged Life"! A *LIFE LOST IS SAVED*, if that life be lost (exchanged) for CHRIST('s)!


Originally Published: Sat. 11/9/13

Comments

Popular Posts