Scripture Post #363: *LEPER CLEANSED*




Luke 5:
12 And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
13 And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.


[Disclaimer: The image here (in it's original form) was from an image search-engine. The original source of this image is unbeknown to me. I own no rights of this image.]

I don't know too much about leprosy, but it's my understanding that there are various leprosy-forms or levels. Certain levels of leprosy smell so badly that you can smell the person before you see the person (in terms of distance). Others aren't as bad. It's also my understanding that lepers bleed through their clothing depending on the leprosy-level. I don't know how bad this man that JESUS healed's leprosy was, but Scripture states that CHRIST touched this man (V. 13)! HE touched this filthy, smelly, unclean man and cleansed him! That's exactly what HE does for us! JESUS became sin WHO knew no sin, so what is it if HE extends HIS hand in love and touches our sin, to clean us? We've been washed clean by the Blood of the LAMB. Fouler than the foulest leper was my sin-state before I came to CHRIST—and just as HE cleansed this leper, JESUS CHRIST cleansed me!! Washing and forgiving me of all my sins!!


Originally Published: Tue. 9/10/13

Comments

Popular Posts