Scripture Post #230: *FLEE IDOLATRY*




1st Corinthians 10:14: "Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry."


Context: This Scripture was from Apostle Paul and Sosthenes, unto the Church at Corinth (1st Cor. 1:1-2).

Because wherefore means: for that cause or reason, I am including V. 13 below. For it is *that* cause and the reason for the "wherefore" in V. 14:
1st Cor. 10:13: "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
V. 14: "*Wherefore*, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." (Asterisks added for emphasis.)

Worship no one or no thing but GOD only. You cannot have 2 gods before you: Matt. 6:24: "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
 Ex. 20:3: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
This includes idolizing celebrities. Don't let: "Oh, so-n'-so, he's/she's my idol" utter from your lips! I hate it when I hear people do that!


Originally Published: Tue., 4/30/13

Comments

Popular Posts