Scripture Post #225: *FORSAKEN*



Matthew 27:46: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"


Why did GOD forsake HIS only begotten SON, JESUS CHRIST on the Cross? Because GOD is holy, and can't be where sin is. And JESUS CHRIST became sin on that Cross! GOD's Holiness is so greatly incomparable, that HE turns HIS back to sin! 
2nd Cor. 5:21: "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Also, JESUS was quoting Psalm 91:1: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?" 

Psalm 91:2-6 proves what I stated earlier is true: that GOD is Holy and can't be where sin is. Because in Psalm 91:2-6 it states that GOD is Holy. And verse 6 references JESUS being "no man," "a reproach" and "a worm". Which is why GOD forsook JESUS (JESUS became sin). Psalm 91:2-6 basically states that GOD delivered Israel and inhabits their praises, yet heard not JESUS, nor delivered HIM. Why? Because, as I afore mentioned: verse 6 basically states and references JESUS as nothing and a reproach (sin), and that's why GOD delivered Israel, yet heard not and forsook JESUS on the Cross.
Psalm 91:2: "O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent."
Verse 3: "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel."
Verse 4: "Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them."
Verse 5: "They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded."
Verse 6: "But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people."

Verses 7 and 8 of Psalm 91 correlate with verses 39-43 of Matt 27:                 
Psalm 91:7: "All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying,"
Verse 8: "He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him."
Matt 27:39: "And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,"
Verse 40: "And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross."
Verse 41: "Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,"
Verse 42: "He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him."
Verse 43: "He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God."

Psalm 91:9-10 references JESUS being perfect from birth (the only begotten child of GOD):
Verse 9: "But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts."
Verse 10: "I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly."
Only CHRIST was GOD's and GOD HIS from birth. The rest of us were born sinners (born into sin). 

Psalm 91:14-15 references JESUS' bones being broken from being beaten, weakened and led to HIS crucifixion:
Verse 14: "I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels."
Verse 15: "My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death."

Psalm 91:16 references JESUS' hands and feet being pierced to the Cross: "For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."

Psalm 91:18 ("They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.") correlates with Matt. 27:35 ("And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.").

I'm astounded and thrilled at the great correlations between both the Old and New Testament!


Originally Published: Thursday, 4/25/13

Comments

Popular Posts