Scripture Post #2,215: *THE LORD’S FAULT*

 




Numbers 24:11:

“Therefore now flee thou to thy place: I thought to promote thee unto great honour; but, lo, the LORD hath kept thee back from honour.”



Balak, King of the Moabites, spoke these words (Num. 24:11) to Balaam, the Prophet. Balak wanted to promote Balaam with riches and status; and in return, Balak wanted Balaam to prophesy negatively on his enemy, Israel’s behalf. Balaam said that he couldn’t do it for GOD’s sake: GOD didn’t want a negative prophecy for Israel; therefore, Balaam didn’t want to perform one. Balak basically responded: “I wanted to give you riches and status, but look at you. You want to do what GOD says to do. Well, guess what? Your GOD has kept you back from greatness, this day.” 


It’s GOD’s fault that I didn’t go to that party that displeased Him that time. 


It’s GOD’s fault I don’t have more friends. Friends who constantly displease the LORD. 


It’s GOD’s fault I’m not liked by more people. People who don’t care for GOD’s ways. 


It’s GOD’s fault I’m not a super-star. I would’ve had to dishonor Him to get there. 


It’s GOD’s fault I’m not rich. Riches would’ve costed my integrity. 


It’s *THE LORD’S FAULT* I didn’t make it in this life. Making it big would’ve caused me to compromise my Christianity. But you know what? 


It’s also GOD’s fault I don’t have any sexually transmitted diseases!


It’s also GOD’s fault I have likeminded friends who love the LORD as I do!


It’s also GOD’s fault I’m loved by those who’ve been touched by agape and touch me with it. A love much better than any other out there!


It’s also GOD’s fault I’m super-meek, lowly and humble. A feeling of satisfaction. A satisfaction that could never be attained with an ever-thirsting desire for superstardom and acclaim!


It’s also GOD’s fault I’m content with what I have. I want for nothing. All my needs are met. For JEHOVAHJIREH is my provider. GOD is my source.


And It’s also the LORD’s fault I made it in the Lambs Book of Life. I have His life and He has mine!



Originally Published: Sat. 10 • 6 • 18

Comments

Popular Posts