Scripture Post #1,954: *O MY SOUL*





Psalms 42:

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. 

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.



Sometimes we’re worried, sad, confused, etc., and we don’t know why.  Our souls are troubled. Because our souls are experiencing trouble. But if we can just *remember* GOD, our souls’ll be calmed. Hope in GOD and be still. Remember what He’s done for you in times past. He’s got you. 


Psalm 42:5-6 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV):

Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I tell myself, “Wait for God’s help! You will again be able to praise him, your God, the one who will save you.” In my sadness I say, “I will remember you from here on this small hill, where Mount Hermon and the Jordan River meet.” 



Originally Published: Thu. 1 • 18 • 18

Comments

Popular Posts