Scripture Post #1,515: *NOSE RING*

 




Genesis 24:47: 

"And I asked her, and said, Whose daughter art thou? And she said, The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands."



Rebekah (Isaac's Wife) Wore A Nose Ring


"…I put the earring upon her face…" Notice how the earring, *singular*, was placed upon the face and not the ear. This was done because the earring, was actually a *NOSE RING*. Perhaps the earliest historical reference for a nose ring. Perhaps this is the very origin for nose rings. 


Genesis 24:47 Amplified Bible (AMP):"Then I asked her, ‘Whose daughter are you?’ She said, ‘The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor’s son, whom Milcah bore to him’; and I put the ring in her nose, and the bracelets on her arms." 




Originally Published: Sat. 11 • 5 • 16

Comments

Popular Posts