Scripture Post #1,514: *PAIN FROM PEOPLE*

 




Psalms 6:

6 I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. 

7 Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.



This Psalm of King David explains the pain people can inflict upon others. Pain, to the point of tears. People cry themselves to sleep from being hurt by others. David basically said: "I cry so hard at night, that I could swim in the tears of my bed. All over the grief caused from those who do me wrong." Pain is real, and no one is exempt from it. Even JESUS wept. ("Jesus wept." ~John 11:35.) The thing about depression is, it does not have to take over your life. You don't need meds for a feeling that comes and goes as life passes by. When a child scrapes his knee on the pavement, he needs a bandaid. Over time, the pain dissipates. The pain *cannot* dissipate if the child constantly picks at the wound. If we dwell on what people think of us, dwell on our past embarrassments placed on us from people, dwell on how dirty people have done us, then we'll suffer from depression. We'll be in a stupor of pain and confusion. This dissipates if we leave the bandaid on our wounds and cease from picking at it and dwelling on it. Let it go!! Move on. And have love for those who laughed at you. Sincerely hope the best for them when they mistreat you. (This is New Testament doctrine.) That's the *absolute* best remedy against depression. Hate against hate brings forth homicide and suicide, every single day. Love against hate invokes GOD's presence, inviting healing and restoration to take place. 



Originally Published: Fri. 11 • 4 • 16

Comments

Popular Posts