Scripture Post #1,244: *FERVENT CHARITY*





1st Peter 4:8: 

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."



Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 


I want my sins to be covered. But they can't be covered without love (charity). Christianity isn't a works religion. Christianity is founded upon love. We can't merit salvation or forgiveness of sins. However, CHRIST's finished work on the cross changes the participants in His glory. Through CHRIST, Christians become enabled to love the right way: the way of charity (agape). My sins won't be covered by the blood of JESUS, if JESUS hasn't enabled me to fervently love those around me! And I cannot fervently love those around me without CHRIST enabling me to do so!! And I cannot be enabled to fervently love, without participating in CHRIST's fervent love for me!!!



Originally Published: Mon. 2/8/16

Comments

Popular Posts