Scripture Post #753: *I AM*




John 8:58: "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."


Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 

CHRIST's conversation with certain of the Jews: 
John 8:56: "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad."
V. 57: "Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?"
V. 58: "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
V. 59: "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

JESUS didn't say: "Before Abraham was, I was." HE said: "Before Abraham was, I am." Because GOD is "THAT I AM" (Ex. 3:14). And JESUS is equal to GOD (Phi. 2:6). 

Ex. 3:14: "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Phi. 2:6: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"


Originally Published: Sun. 10/5/14

Comments

Popular Posts