Scripture Post #621: *BEHOLD THE LAMB*




John 1:29: "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."


Disclaimer: The image used for this Scripture Post, in its original form, was from an image search engine. It is not an image of my own. 

Context:
John 1:29: "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."
V. 30: "This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me."

From the context we gather John The Baptist's recognition of WHO JESUS was and what HE came for: JESUS CHRIST, the perfect, spotless LAMB of GOD WHO was slain to take away the sins of those in the world who believe on HIS name!

Verse 30 is significant in that John realized CHRIST's divinity. John said, "This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me." John was saying that JESUS was the SON of GOD, an Eternal Being. That JESUS existed before John existed, even though John was older, being CHRIST's older cousin!


Originally Published: Mon. 5/26/14

Comments

Popular Posts