Scripture Post #481: *BEWARE OF COVETOUSNESS*




Luke 12:15: "And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."


[Disclaimer: The image here (in its original form) was from an image search-engine. The original source of this image is unbeknown to me. I own no rights of this image.]

Please, reflect on Luke 12:15 if/when you're watching shows like "Preachers Of L.A.".
We must look past people's wealth; Scripture proves life's more than that. 

Luke 12:13: "And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me."
V. 14: "And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?"
V. 15: "And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."
V. 16: "And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:"
V. 17: "And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?"
V. 18: "And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods."
V. 19: "And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry."
V. 20: "But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?"
V. 21: "So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."
V. 22: "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on."
V. 23: "The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment."
V. 31: "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."
V. 32: "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
V. 33: "Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth."
V. 34: "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."


Originally Published: Mon. 1/6/14

Comments

Popular Posts